[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler add repo issue

Chris Sarginson chris.sarginson at ukfast.net
Wed Apr 4 13:13:40 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with cobbler when adding in repositories.

Basically I have had a working default setup (running on Fedora 6 i386,
and installing Fedora 6 i386), and am now trying to create an additional
profile to allow me to include the Fedora 6 Updates.  However following
the repository mirroring workflow section on the following web pages
causing the following error:

one of the listed repositories is not defined in cobbler

Commenting out the new profile entry in my profiles files eliminates the
error.  Removing the repo name from the repos: line causes it to spew
out python code.  If anyone has anything they can suggest then please
let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Here is my /var/lib/cobbler/profiles

---
-
     distro: fedora_6_i386
     kernel_options: {}
     kickstart: /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks
     ks_meta: {}
     name: fedora_6_i386
     repos: ''
     virt_file_size: 5
     virt_paravirt: True
     virt_ram: 512
-
     distro: fedora_6_x86_64-xen
     kernel_options: {}
     kickstart: /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks
     ks_meta: {}
     name: fedora_6_x86_64-xen
     repos: ''
     virt_file_size: 5
     virt_paravirt: True
     virt_ram: 512
-
     distro: fedora_6_i386-xen
     kernel_options: {}
     kickstart: /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks
     ks_meta: {}
     name: fedora_6_i386-xen
     repos: ''
     virt_file_size: 5
     virt_paravirt: True
     virt_ram: 512
-
     distro: fedora_6_x86_64
     kernel_options: {}
     kickstart: /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks
     ks_meta: {}
     name: fedora_6_x86_64
     repos: ''
     virt_file_size: 5
     virt_paravirt: True
     virt_ram: 512
-
     distro: fedora_6_i386
     kernel_options: {}
     kickstart: /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks
     ks_meta: {}
     name: 'fedora_6_i386_default'
     repos: 'updates-i386'
     virt_file_size: 5
     virt_paravirt: True
     virt_ram: 512

Here is my /var/lib/cobbler/repos/

---
-
     keep_updated: 1
     local_filename: ''
     mirror: /home/distro/fedora/updates/6/i386/
     name: 'updates-i386'

--
Kind Regards,

Chris Sarginson
Technical Support
UKFast.Net Ltd

(t) 0870 111 8866
(f) 0870 458 4545
(e) support at ukfast.net

"The UK's Best Business Host" 2007
"The UK's Best Hosting Provider" 2006 and 2005

Dedicated Servers - Managed Hosting - Domain Names- http://www.ukfast.net

UKFast.Net Ltd,  Abbey House,  32 Booth Street,  Manchester,  M2 4AB
Registered in England. Number 384 5616