[et-mgmt-tools] Koan unable to locate repodata

Niyaz Chistee prime.provogue at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 02:45:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 22:30 -0400, Adam Rosenwald wrote:
> Thanks, Niyaz.  However, I had already taken the liberty of manually
> readding distros, profiles, and systems.  The end result are the files
> listed below.
>
> BTW, thanks for reminding me to list versions:
>
> cobbler 0.4.6
> koan 0.2.8
>
> On 4/21/07, Niyaz Chistee <prime.provogue at gmail.com> wrote:
>         On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 22:18 -0400, Adam Rosenwald wrote:
>         > I set up cobbler on bootserver according to import procedure
>         >
>         > Distro: centos-5
>         >
>         > I modified the kickstart file <below> and edited the cobbler
>         settings
>         > files <below> when the `cobbler import`-generated settings
>         files
>         > caused problems.
>         >
>         > ##############
>         >
>         > /var/lib/cobbler/settings
>         >
>         > ##############
>         >
>         > ---
>         > bootloaders:
>         >     ia64: /var/lib/cobbler/elilo-3.6-ia64.efi
>         >     standard: /usr/lib/syslinux/pxelinux.0
>         > default_kickstart: /etc/cobbler/default.ks
>         > dhcpd_bin: /usr/sbin/dhcpd
>         > dhcpd_conf: /etc/dhcpd.conf
>         > httpd_bin: /usr/sbin/httpd
>         > kernel_options:
>         >     ksdevice: eth0
>         >     lang: ' '
>         >     text: ~
>         > koan_path: ''
>         > manage_dhcp: 1
>         > minimize_syncs: 1
>         > next_server: <cobbler hostname>
>         > server: <cobbler hostname>
>         > syslog_port: 25150
>         > tftpboot: /tftpboot
>         > tftpd_bin: /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
>         > tftpd_conf: /etc/xinetd.d/tftp
>         > webdir: /var/www/cobbler
>         > yum_core_mirror_from_server: 1
>         >
>         > ##############
>         >
>         > /var/lib/cobbler/distros
>         >
>         > ##############
>         > -
>         >     arch: x86_64
>         >     breed: redhat
>         >     initrd: /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror
>         > /centos-5/images/xen/initrd.img
>         >
>         kernel: /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos-5/images/xen/vmlinuz
>         >     kernel_options: {}
>         >     ks_meta: {}
>         >     name: centos-5-xen
>         >     source_ repos:
>         >         -
>         >             - 'http://<cobbler
>         > hostname>/cobbler/ks_mirror/config/centos-5-xen-0. repo'
>         >             - 'http://<cobbler
>         hostname>/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos-5'
>         > -
>         >  ... additional non-xen centos-5 distro
>         >
> [...]

If you hand edit the files in /var/lib/cobbler/ you will be in trouble.
Specially /var/lib/cobbler/{distros,profiles,systems}. They use YAML and
YAML is strict on rules. So maybe that's causing the problem. In the new
version of cobbler that is 0.4.7 we will be seeing XMLPRC (sorry if I
wrote it wrong) that will help hand edit these files.