[et-mgmt-tools] Question about the installation of guestOS(Windows) in virt-manager.

Takahashi Tomohiro takatom at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 27 07:25:00 UTC 2007

Hi, Dan.

Thank you for the answer.

> Virt-manager ought to really keep the CDROM attached for windows
> guests. The user can later explicitly detach it with the recent
> created device add/remove UI in virt-manager. There is UI in
> the wizard where the user can select what type of guest is being
> installed, so virt-manager could check the 'continue' flag based
> on the selected OS to decide whethe rto keep the CDROM attached.

I think that virt-manager doesn't check the 'continue' flag.
(As you know, virt-install checks the 'continue' flag)
Because the function checks 'continue' flag in
"get_continue_inst(FullVirtGuest.py)"
but, "get_continue_inst" is not used in virt-manager(create.py).
So, I considered the following two ideas.
But I cannot specify the handling at virt-manager code.
Any Idea to solve this problem, please suggest me.

1) "get_continue_inst" was mounted on "do_install" or "finish"(create.py in
virt-manager).
2) "get_continue_inst" was mounted on "_do_install"(Guest.py in
virt-install).

Thanks,
Tomohiro Takahashi