[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler system add

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:46:08 UTC 2007

I hoping that Real Soon Now it will create a VM to order with lots of
custom vmware settings  via ks_meta variables.

At the moment I'm hung up on VMware API problems, so it doesn't do
anything useful yet.  The APIs either won't install or puke
after they are installed.  I can generate .vmx files to order, but
scp and ssh commands to install them on the VMware server,
either require permanently granting too much access to the server or
you have to authenticate yourself several times.

Pretty sure I understand most of the values you python script
prints out.

But what are:  parent, depth, virt_type, and virt_path?

On 8/6/07, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com> wrote:

> drew einhorn wrote:
> >

> > On 7/30/07, *Michael DeHaan* <mdehaan at redhat.com
> > <mailto:mdehaan at redhat.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     drew einhorn wrote:
> >
> >     > I think it won't be too difficult to use VMperl to create
> >     scripts to
> >     > make an appropriate dhcp reservations, or create a VM to order.
> >     > Will let you know when I have something more concrete than plans.
> >     Excellent.
> >

> > Been making progress.
> >
> > What I need now is a python incantation to retrieve ks metadata,
> > and virt info from a cobbler profile, so I can fill in line arguments
> > on shell commands my script is issuing.
> >

> This might help get you started...  what does the script do?
>

> import cobbler.api as cobbler_api
>
> api = cobbler_api.BootAPI()
>
> for x in api.profiles():
>     print x.to_datastruct()