[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler system add

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 17:17:19 UTC 2007

> But what are:  parent, depth, virt_type, and virt_path?

So I forgot to answer the last two.

--virt-type (see manpage).   This specifies whether (if being installed
virtually) the guest should be Xen paravirt ("xenpv") or qemu/KVM
("qemu").   There is also a new notion of "auto" which means, "see what
I have installed and if the kernels are appropriate".     If your script
gets rolled into koan, we'd also add a "vmware" here,  though you can ignore
this for now.   If --virt-type is not specified in Cobbler, it can also
be overriden on the koan command line.

--virt-path (see manpage).   This is related to the patch Adam Rosenwald
sent over.   Basically it allows for specifying where the disk image
file (or paritition) needs to go.
This also might specify a LVM volume group.   Again, syntax on valid
options is documented in the manpage.   If left blank, koan decides the
defaults.   If --virt-path doesn't make sense for VMware, you can ignore
it for now.   It might be something we would want to do later.