[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler system add

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 17:59:40 UTC 2007

drew einhorn wrote:
> Think there's at least 2 parts to my dnsmasq problem.
>
> Got past the firstone.  It was a permissions problem.
> Had to do a chmod o+rx /var/lib/cobbler
>
> which was owned by root, but dnsmasq was running as nobody

Will fix the RPM, thanks.   The proper fix is probably just to chmod the
cobbler_hosts file +r and leave the rest as is.

> Don't know if the permission on /var/lib/cobbler was a default
> from the cobbler installation, or something I mucked up.

Looks like something I mucked up :)

> Haven't gotten started on the second on.
>
> Peter Wright suggested that it looks like my vmlinuz/initrd.img
> don't support my virtual nic.  He's probably right,  I've got to
> figure out how to build the right vmlinz/initrd.img before I try
> again and we see if there's a third problem lurking behind these
> two.

cobbler import will pick the kernel/initrd from the "os/images/pxe"
directory for
TFTP installs.   If you used "cobbler import" and your distro/profile
didn't contain
the word "Xen" in it, that's the one you are using.   The Xen pair
definitely
probably won't work.    If those don't work, the NIC is probably the
issue -- though
I would kind of expect them to be simulating something relatively
standard.    Could be wrong :)