[et-mgmt-tools] Networking modes from koan ("user" vs "bridged")

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 22:47:33 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

Apparently I had koan set up to install Xen guests in "user" networking
mode instead of "bridged" mode, which means the IP's the virtual guests
would be not be accessible
from outside the virtual host.   This does not seem to be what most
folks would want, so I've changed it to "bridged".

I've fixed this upstream (see git).  Basically if you want to change
this yourself, just change "user" to "bridged" in xencreate.py
(/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/koan/xencreate.py).

Or, here's the patch to do the same:

http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/koan;a=commitdiff;h=3cf1bcd2a967fc8dfb84cff7b5e55234a96ed445

That same one-line change is not working for me with KVM though I'm
going to investigate and see what it takes to make KVM work this way as
well -- assuming it's doable --
which it most likely is.