[et-mgmt-tools] changing webdir and ks config file locations in 0.6.0

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Aug 14 20:24:13 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:

> There are some places though (koan, templates, etc) that assume some
> relative http structure exists -- so I'd caution against moving the web
> dir.  A better question would be, why do you want to move the webdir?
>
> If it is to conserve space, you can use "--available-as" on the cobbler
> import to specify that the URLs you import are available externally and
> do not need to be mirrored.

> Another option would be to make /var/www/cobbler (or even /var/www) a
> symlink to a directory on another partition/volume

It was disk space related--I have access to much more disk space if I
use a partition other than /var, so creating the /var/www/cobbler
symlink is a good option for me.

> Syntax for changing what template a profile uses:
>
> cobbler profile edit --name=foo
> --kickstart=/opt/special/mykickstarts/x.ks   # etc

Excellent.  I wanted to continue to make use of our existing kickstart
config file generator script and provide cobbler with access those
ks.cfg files, so that takes care of that.  I guess I mistakenly thought
that cobbler was going to look for them in /etc/cobbler instead of
whereever I specified them.

> Hopefully that makes sense, if not, maybe you can elaborate a bit on why
> you wanted to move things around?

It makes perfect sense.  I've gone back to the standard RPM and
implemented your suggestions.

Tom
--
Tom Georgoulias