[et-mgmt-tools] Need help on changing DomU kernel

Peter Wright wright at imageworks.com
Mon Aug 20 16:54:24 UTC 2007

Radhesh Kamath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed help with changing the kernel on a DomU using virt-manager.
>
> I had an initial install of a Fedora core 7 domU. Now I have added
> some patches of my own to the standard domU kernel and I want to use
> it as the the new DomU. How can I do it using virt-manager?

Have you already compiled your locally patched kernel and tested it?  If
you have done that bit, which is the hard part in my opinion, then you
can create a new distro using this kernel and initrd pretty easily in
cobbler.  check out the man page for cobbler (man cobbler) and read the
section on creating a new distro.  if you are having specific problems
let us know!

-pete

--
Peter Wright