[et-mgmt-tools] import existing vms into virt-manager

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 18:50:43 UTC 2007

I have been trying to get xen and kvm up and running, and have
eventually done so by setting up a bridge and defining the vm through
command line. I launch them now with the following commands:

qemu-kvm
    -hda /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-virtFactory
    -boot c
    -net nic,macaddr=52:64:60:12:34:78,vlan0
    -net tap,vlan0
    -m 256

I would like to start using the virt-* tools directly. Is there a way
for me to import this information into virt manager? Both the wizard and
virt-install assume I am starting with the bare install.

-- bk