[et-mgmt-tools] koan not grabbing updated ks.cfg from cobbler server after a botched kickstart?

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Fri Aug 24 14:37:51 UTC 2007

Started experimenting with koan today and got myself into a bit of circle.

Used koan with --replace-self and everything went smoothly until
anaconda choked on a syntax error in my ks.cfg.  I corrected the error
in the ks.cfg on the cobbler server, used "cobbler sync" to get the
fixed ks.cfg into the profile, then rebooted the client to reattempt teh
install.

Unfortunately for me, koan didn't attempt to get the corrected ks.cfg
from the cobbler server, it used the one already on the client.  I tried
to boot up the server I was trying to reinstall and manually edit
/var/spool/koan/ks.cfg, but that didn't work either.  Where does koan
keep the ks.cfg?

Thanks,
Tom
--