[et-mgmt-tools] Xen System builds using Koan

Jason Hartley jason at 3dogs.us
Sat Aug 25 01:14:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, August 24, 2007 8:44 pm, Peter Wright wrote:
> Jason Hartley wrote:
>>
>> First off, I really like the design of Cobbler and Koan.  I especially
>> like the kickstart templates and the flexibility that the templates give
>> you.  The only problem is that I am having trouble with the issue below
>> and would appreciate any kind of help.
>>
>> I have a Centos 5 system that I have setup as a Xen host.  I have setup
>> the EPEL repository and used it to install Cobbler version 0.4.8-1,along
>> with koan 0.4.0-1.  I have successfully used the tutorial at
>> http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/cobbler-import.php with a few modifications
>> to build a Xen guest using the default profile for Centos 5 that is
>> created when you import from the Centos 5 DVD.  When I attempt to build
>> from a system definition that I have built from the default profile I
>> get
>> the below error. I have started to dig through the code, but would like
>> some direction in debugging the problem and maybe a push in the right
>> direction on what might be wrong.
>>

> dumb question first - to get it out of the way - have you started
> cobblerd?  I seem to remember that step missing from the documentation,
> and I've been too lazy to report that...
>
> -pete

Hey Pete,
  Yes, I have started cobblerd.  I can telnet to port 25151 and connect.
Here is the output from netstat -anp:

[root at hydra ~]# netstat -anp|grep 25151
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25151               0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN      18323/python
[root at hydra ~]# ps -ef|grep 18323
root     18323 18322  0 Aug23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python
/usr/bin/cobblerd
root     21343 18330  0 21:00 pts/4    00:00:00 grep 18323
[root at hydra ~]#

Thanks,
Jason