[et-mgmt-tools] distro not updating on an IP Address change

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 19:46:10 UTC 2007

Patrick Nixon wrote:
> Thanks for the answer and the follow up.
>
> --Pat

I can do better :)    The feature is checked into git now.

Basically new cobbler import commands will "just work".  For older ones,
go into your /var/lib/cobbler/distros and replace the server
addresses with "@@server@@"

<developer-mode>
How this works, for templating enthusiasts, is that for every string
variable accessible in what we normally feed to Cheetah, we replace
@@variable@@ with
it's value /after/ we complete our first pass of Cheetah rendering.
This second pass does not use Cheetah to avoid the problem
of having to escape anything differently -- it just uses a basic
string.replace() loop.   The additional level of templating is very basic
and I would encourage people to pretend it doesn't exist rather than
making anything depend on it.
</developer-mode>

Here's the diff:

http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/cobbler;a=commitdiff;h=e29737d38da69887368fc0acd3666fd78e842a80