[et-mgmt-tools] more gui improvements

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 13:03:37 UTC 2007

David Robinson wrote:
> Hugh Brock wrote:
>> Good evening everyone. I have just pushed a change to virt-manager
>> that adds "action" icons to the list of vms and connections in the
>> manager window. At the moment there are icons for "new" and "delete"
>> for each connection, and a "delete" icon for each inactive VM. Be
>> careful where you click; I still need to add an "are you sure" dialog
>> for the delete icon!
>
> Hi Hugh,
>
> I attached a patch to BZ 253144 that adds the "are you sure" dialog to
> the delete button. The patch applies against virt-manager in RHEL5.1 beta.

Heh... well, I'm not sure we really need it in the 5.1 version, because
the delete button there is fairly obvious and located separately at the
bottom of the window. I would consider it for 5.2 however (patch
deadline for 5.1 is way past now).

Friday I committed an "are you sure" dialog to the tip, so unfortunately
that is now too late! However we do need one that pops up if you click
the "create" button on a remote connection and says "Sorry the create
feature is not yet available for remote connections..." You can check if
a connection is remote by calling the vmmConnection.is_remote() method.

Thanks for the effort, hopefully I can get something of yours in...

--Hugh

--
Red Hat Virtualization Group http://redhat.com/virtualization
Hugh Brock           | virt-manager http://virt-manager.org