[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler install/kickstart question

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 20:08:30 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:
>> Maute, Kevin P CTR AFRL/VAOO wrote:
>>> Success!!! One issue though, epel5*testing, it appeared to download
>>> everything fine from the fedora repo but seemed to choke with a
>>> traceback when it was populating the local repo. Not knowing the
>>> internals or python, I can't give any more input. I backed out that
>>> repo and am golden.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin
>>
>> Good deal.
>>
>> If you can email me the traceback (cobbler output) and the command(s)
>> that caused it that would be helpful.
>>
>> --Michael
>
> I just ran the following for EPEL testing and it worked for me (using
> 0.6.1):

Grr, thunderbird :)

What I meant to say was ...

I just ran the following for EPEL testing and it worked for me (using
0.6.1):

[root at mdehaan cobbler]# cobbler repo add --name=epel5i386
--mirror=http://linux.nssl.noaa.gov/epel/testing/5Server/i386
[root at mdehaan cobbler]# cobbler repo sync

You then of course would do:

cobbler profile edit --name=nameofprofile --repos="epel5i386 otherrepo1
otherrepo2" etc.

You would not have to repeat the repos that Cobbler pulled in from the
import but would want to mirror your package updates.