[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler install/kickstart question

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 15:04:19 UTC 2007

Maute, Kevin P CTR AFRL/VAOO wrote:
> yum.Errors.RepoError: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository:
> epel5testing

Hmm, yum's unhappy. I just tried this using the 0.6.1 version (releasing
soon) and it works for me, so I believe
we're ok. Anyhow, I believe you said this was fixed with the earlier
patch from the "Success!" email?

There are a few things that can cause an error with yum. Connectivity
problems with the repo
or having the URL wrong (which appears fine) are the most likely things
to go wrong. Occasionally if
you kill the reposync process while it's running you'll leave it in an
indeterminate state -- though I don't
really recall seeing that recently.

In the worst case, you may want to clean out
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/epel5testing and
then re-sync.

Though, again, I think you said it worked earlier with the last email?