[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler install/kickstart question

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 17:41:28 UTC 2007

Peter Wright wrote:
> I've run into this issue before.  Check your
> /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template.  I've had my local version get moved to
> dhcp.template.rpmsave, and cobbler will install the default one.  If
> you define a custom subnet for example, dhcp will refuse to start
> (cobbler defaults to 192.168.1/24).
>
> /var/log/messages should show you why dhcpd is failing to start as well.
>
> HTH
> -pete

According to git, the template file has been marked as
"config(noreplace)" in the RPM since 10/25/2006.    So upgrades should
make a ".rpmnew" but they should not install the existing one and move
your old one to where it is not used.    Only files just marked "config"
should have the ".rpmsave" behavior.   I'm not sure why  you're seeing
that exactly?

Of course /var/log/messages is a great place to look regardless.

--Michael