[et-mgmt-tools] Problem Creating VMs with Virt-Manager

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Wed Dec 5 19:16:59 UTC 2007

I'm trying to use virt-manager to create a new VM.  The problem is that, since my machine uses VLAN tagging and has several VLAN interfaces, I've had to customize the bridges on the machine.  So, I have VLAN interfaces vlan10, vlan100, vlan30, vlan110, etc., and bridges to match - xenbr10, xenbr100, xenbr30, xenbr110, etc.  When I try to create a new VM, though, in virt-manager 0.5.2, once I get to the networking tab I see an option for a virtual network (which has nothing listed in the drop-down box) and an option for physical network (which has eth0 listed but grayed out with reason "no bridge exists").  So, I can't create a VM because I can't get past this page!!  Could someone help me figure out how to change the listing on this page such that my xenbr interfaces show up?

Thanks,
Nick Couchman