[et-mgmt-tools] Bug on "cobbler import"

Javier Palacios javiplx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:32:36 UTC 2007

> > If rsync is not installed, cobbler import fails even if we are
> > importing from a local directory. This happens on a FC7 box with
> > standard cobbler, and also with the latest version from git.
> > [ ... \
>

> I haven't looked at the code, but it probably uses rsync for everything.
> So, the real bug is maybe the missing dependency of the cobbler RPM...
>
> Having got to Install rsync on the server is a non-issue, IMO.

Yes if you have rsync installed everything works fine, and if it is
added to the spec, you'll never discover it. But the point is that
cobbler calls rsync (and stops) when rsync is not needed. It's not a
fatal or blocking bug, and we must even agree on that a fix is not
required, but it is a bug anyway.

Javi