[et-mgmt-tools] default ks.cfg for CentOS 5.1

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Fri Dec 7 16:49:21 UTC 2007

Bruce Bauman wrote:
> I have imported from DVD using "cobbler import", but it appears that the default ks.cfg file is generated from /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks rather than   /etc/cobbler/default.ks. Is this the expected behavior? How do I name a template such that it will be used for a CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

What I have found works best is to start by using an anaconda.ks file
from a manual install (really).

The kickstarts will start showing up (in the web-gui) once you make use
of them in a profile.
There's no "add kickstart" process.

Overall, cobbler is well worth the effort getting it to run.
The little time you invest up-front, you will save later multiple times.

cheers,
Rainer