[et-mgmt-tools] [Out of Topic] wrong device...

John.Sanabria at ece.uprm.edu John.Sanabria at ece.uprm.edu
Thu Feb 8 20:56:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

many thanks to Michael and Daniel, for your pertinent comments.

Next question is nothing related to cobbler or koan, but perhaps you can
help me about it.

when i run the koan command (koan --virt --server=136.145.116.78
--profile="..."), at the end i got the next message:

Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
 It appears the installation has crashed

The problem at this time, is that kernel image try to mount the root
partition to device that is not available. I know the command "rdev"
allows me change the root partition that kernel image expected. What's the
suitable partition in order to follow with the installation?

thanks a lot, regards.

                    (`'`'`'`'`)
                     |       |
                     |       |