[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager choose-your-os screen

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 15:19:27 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I am thinking about adding a bit to the full-virt page of the create
wizard that will allow users to define which OS+variant they are
installing. This will let us do useful things in the install (like set
acpi off for Windows, for example).

What I'm wondering is what other things we might want to be able to do
on a full-virt install or boot based on OS type. Things that came to
mind were:

1. Set APIC and ACPI boot flags as described above
2. Suggest what kind of mouse driver to use (to the extent we can)

Any other os-specific things we might want to to at boot-time?

Take care,
--Hugh

--
Red Hat Virtualization Group http://redhat.com/virtualization