[et-mgmt-tools] where's defined the output directory?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 21:23:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:09:54PM -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Hugh Brock wrote:
> >Michael DeHaan wrote:

[snip stupidly long signature ascii art crap]

> >>Currently this is hardcoded in koan's source to /var/lib/virtimages.
> >>Adding a /var/lib/virtimages directory symlink in your kickstart's
> >>%post when provisioning the dom0's might be a good idea, if you
> >>wanted to use storage not on /var.    Or virtimages could be a mount
> >>point... either way.
> >>
> >>I'll look into adding some options for this.
> >>--Michael
> >
> >If you're referring to Xen filesystem images, they should really go in
> >/var/lib/xen/images to keep selinux from complaining. Does anyone know
> >if there's a consensus directory for virtual filesystem images for for
> >other hypervisors (qemu, kvm)?

No defined location for other hypervisors yet.

> Trueness, I will make it so.   I think I had /var/lib/xen[/|_]images at
> one point also but decided against it given that we thought xen itself
> owned that path.

The Xen RPM does own this directory.

> It would be nice if SELinux just cared about, say, context instead of
> paths in this case :)

SELinux does only care about context. It is the policy which says which
paths map to which contexts, and in current policy we have the mapping
from xen_image_t going to /var/lib/xen/images.

Dan.