[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import --mirror error

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 16:52:44 UTC 2007

I'm new to cobbler, so it's possible I've missed something obvious.
Please point me in the right direction if that's the case.

I've rebuild the source RPM for 0.3.9-1 on a Centos 4.4 server and
I'm trying to import Fedora Core 6 from a mirror using rsync:

  cobbler import
--mirror=rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/
--name=fedoracore6

Once the rsync is complete (fairly quick, as I populated most of it from
RPMs I'd already downloaded), I get the following messages:

  /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6
  /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/images
  /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/images/xen
  (distro added)
  (profile added)
  - looking for comps in /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6
  Error: groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/repodata/comps.xml cannot be found.

Followed by a usage message from createrepo.

/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/repodata/comps.xml is present
however, and readable.

It looks possible to me that cobbler is running

  createrepo --groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/repodata/comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6

but then createrepo is prepending the path to fedoracore6 and
trying to open

/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6//var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/repodata/comps.xml

Any ideas on how to get this working?  I'm using createrepo-0.4.3-1
if that makes a difference.

James