[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manger unable to create paravirtualized guest

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 17:29:53 UTC 2007

satyaakam goswami wrote:
>> You'll need to install the whole python-virtinst package. Virt-manager
>> calls modules in the underlying python-virtinst package that have had
>> significant changes in the last month.
> i picked up virtinst from there there are no install instructions in README
> http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/download/sources/virtinst/virtinst-0.100.0.tar.gz
>
> how to i install the whole package.
>
> Satya
> ps: do you guys hang around on freenode

Hi. Re freenode, normally not although I probably should drop in every
so often.

If you can't install the RPM, you'll need to put the virt-install script
in /usr/sbin as you did, and the rest of the python (everything under
the virtinst/ subdirectory) in your python library directory. For Fedora
that's generally /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/<package-name>... your
distro may vary of course. Most important thing is to replace the
existing virtinst code on your machine with the new stuff.

--Hugh

--
Red Hat Virtualization Group http://redhat.com/virtualization
Hugh Brock           | virt-manager http://virt-manager.org