[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import --mirror error

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 20:14:24 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> James Fidell wrote:
>> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>

>>> Apologies on being lazy here, though per the manpage...
>>>
>>>    mirror
>>>
>>>    The addresss of the mirror.  This needs to be either an rsync:// url
>>> or an ssh location usable with rsync.
>>>    The mirror address should specify an exact repository to mirror --
>>> just one architecture
>>>    and just one distribution.  If you have a seperate repo to mirror
>>> for
>>> a different arch, add that
>>>    repo seperately.
>>>
>>>    Here's an example of what looks like a good URL:
>>>
>>>    rsync://yourmirror.example.com/fedora-linux-core/6/i386 (for rsync
>>> protocol)
>>>    user at yourmirror.example.com/fedora-linux-core/6/i386  (for SSH)
>>>
>>> What I thought was a related problem is just something I'm seeing
>>> during
>>> the unit tests, so that was a bit of wild goose chase.
>>>
>>> Your problem is that you didn't rsync enough data, and don't have the
>>> comps file.    Do an import using the URL format specified in the
>>> manpage and you should be good to go.   I would suggest cleaning up
>>> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror manually before doing that, just to free up
>>> the extra space on your drives.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps, if not, let me know...
>>>

>> This time I did:
>>
>>   cobbler import
>> --mirror=rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386
>>
>> --name=fedoracore6
>>
>> which i think is as close to the example given as I can get.  I still
>> get the same error (though obviously it's looking for the comps.xml file
>> in a slightly different location this time):
>>
>>   Error: groupfile
>> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml cannot
>> be found.
>>
>> James

> You probably noticed this already, but the manpage section I copied
> was for repo management, not the import command.   With the import
> command, you can pretty much point it across a rsync mirror that holds
> 40 distros and it's expected to import them all.
>
> I'm still retrying the exact command you gave for the import (using
> mirrorservice) to see what createrepo reports.   So far I'm ok with
> internal mirrors and ibiblio, and the tree structure looks right.
> Should know shortly.
>
> --Michael

Ok, since I wanted to be through, I ran the exact same command you ran,
against the same mirror URL...

[root at mdehaan cobbler]# cobbler import
--mirror=rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386
--name=test

Here's the output I recieved on FC6 (note, I did tweak cobbler to print
out the rsync command being run...other than that, the mirror import
code is unchanged)

sent 36680 bytes  received 1835445089 bytes  190630.08 bytes/sec
total size is 2668601165  speedup is 1.45
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/iso
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/os
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/os/images
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/os/images/xen
(distro added)
(profile added)
- looking for comps in /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/os
- createrepo --groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/test/i386/os

No problems.

[mdehaan at mdehaan bar]$ createrepo -V
0.4.3

Is there a chance you have a different version of createrepo installed
that when run with the arguments listed above, produces an error?  I'm
willing to make tweaks to the code to get the arguments correct for
Centos 4.X builds, if you could point me to what those correct arguments
need to be.   Doesn't seem like it could be too different.

If you can run the createrepo command manually with the above URL, I'd
be interested to know the output (that, and to get the version number)...

Thanks,