[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import --mirror error

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 11:20:01 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:

> Is there a chance you have a different version of createrepo installed
> that when run with the arguments listed above, produces an error?  I'm
> willing to make tweaks to the code to get the arguments correct for
> Centos 4.X builds, if you could point me to what those correct arguments
> need to be.   Doesn't seem like it could be too different.

Looks like I'm running the same version as you:

# createrepo -V
0.4.3

> If you can run the createrepo command manually with the above URL, I'd
> be interested to know the output (that, and to get the version number)...

# ls -l /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 853899 Oct 18 01:27
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml

# createrepo --groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os
Error: groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml cannot
be found.

etc.

I've just noticed this in the createrepo manpage though:

EXAMPLES
       Here  is  an example of a repository with a groups file. Note
that the
       groups file should be in the same directory as the rpm packages
(i.e.
       /path/to/rpms/comps.xml).

       createrepo -g comps.xml /path/to/rpms

# createrepo --groupfile comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os

still failed, but

# createrepo --groupfile repodata/comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os

Seems to work fine for me.  I don't understand why what is apparently
the same version of createrepo should work differently for us unless
something is actually different between the centos release and whichever
one you're using.

James