[et-mgmt-tools] About CPU Usage of virt-manager

Masayuki Sunou fj1826dm at aa.jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Feb 22 06:44:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a question about CPU Usage of virt-manager.

Virt-manager calculates CPU Usage based on physical CPU.
Because of that, when the host has many CPU, guest's CPU Usage is difficult
to know. (SMP etc.)

example:
  When the host has 32 CPU, and guest's CPU Usage is 100%, virt-manager
  displays CPU Usage as 3%.
  --> 100%/32CPU=3%

Therefore, I think that virt-manager should calculate CPU Usage based on
virtual CPU.(like "xentop")

Because "Xentop" calculates CPU Usage based on virtual CPU, I think that
virt-manager should also calculate CPU Usage based on virtual CPU.

Thanks,
Masayuki Sunou