[et-mgmt-tools] PXE boot menus & older versions of pxelinux/syslinux

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 15:48:29 UTC 2007

> Finally can anyone post some more examples of the ks templating??

I assume you've seen the very basic examples in /etc/cobbler, these are
the default files that cobbler uses when one runs "cobbler import".
The simplest thing there is how it fills in $tree to point to the
location of your kickstart tree as accessible from cobbler over
http://.   If you do a cobbler import (say, from an rsync mirror, or
from a DVD as msquared has shown us how to do) and then run a "cobbler
report", you'll see each profile uses a custom value for "tree", but in
the kickstart, it's just shown as "$tree".

One thing that would be useful (I may have mentioned this before) is if
one was provisioning a set of machines that were to use static IP's....
the profile would be common to all of them, but the different ip's would
be added with --ksmeta="ip=192.168.1.50" for the various system
entries.   This would allow their IP's to be set up appropriately in
Anaconda.

It would also be possible for two profiles to share a common kickstart
source file, and template that differently.