[et-mgmt-tools] Using cobbler to mirror repos like updates/extras -- further information

Msquared cobbler at msquared.id.au
Fri Feb 23 19:54:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 02:14:26PM -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:

> Two kinds of mirrors, basically. Different concepts, used for different
> things.

Ah, I see.

> To verify that it does the right thing, run a "cobbler sync", and check
> out the kickstart files as seen at
> /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts/profilename/ks.cfg -- you should see a good
> parameter passed in for "url" towards the top, plus references to your
> repo in the middle (search for "repo") and also in post, where it
> installs the repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d

Ah, I see.  'cobbler sync' builds the ks.cfg from the supplied kickstart
file.  I did notice that '$' must be escaped in the supplied kickstart
file, since it's used to introduce ks meta data.

Anaconda kindly generates anaconda-ks.cfg when it installs a system for
you.  Can that be used as a source for 'cobbler sync', as long as the '$'
are escaped?  If not, what other things ought to be done first?

Regards, Msquared...