[et-mgmt-tools] Xen domU + koan

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 16:33:37 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:

> Basically just set up cobbler and import a tree (or set it up manually)
> on the server side, just like you'd do with PXE.

Ok, that's done.

> From the koan side,  specify the name of a Xen profile, which is by
> definition one that has a distro that uses a Xen (domU) kernel.

In this case I want a fully virtual system, so I can use tell koan to
use a normal cobbler profile, I think.

> Koan will talk with the cobbler server to get the right parameters, just
> as they are configured in cobbler.

Then I start to lose the plot :)  Presumably the domU must already be
configured, otherwise there'd be no way to find out how its hard disk
image is mapped from dom0, amongst other things?

Can I literally do:

  1. Set up cobbler
  2. Create config file for domU
  3. xm create ...