[et-mgmt-tools] koan specfile suggestion: require python >= 2.4

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 00:17:38 UTC 2007

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:58:26PM -0800, Adam Monsen wrote:
>
>> koan appears to require a version of Python greater than 2.4. I humbly
>> suggest correcting the corresponding specfile "Requires" line thusly.
>>
>> I'm happy to enter a bug report if you wish.
>>
>> Reference: http://www.mail-archive.com/libvir-list@redhat.com/msg00616.html
>>

> That report is about libvirt-python not koan. There's no need to add a
> dependancy to the koan specfile to enforce a requirement of libvirt for
> python 2.3 - simply adding the Requires: line to the libvirt-python
> specfile is sufficient.
>
> Regards.
> Dan.

Speaking of koan (if we are speaking about koan?) it doesn't even need
that. Current behavior (again, to support koan on RHEL3 and places where
Xen isn't installed) is to only try to import virt modules when running
the virt commands, s.t. koan still works on non Xen aware platforms. If
it's trying to import virt stuff when doing "--replace-self", we have
issues though -- shouldn't be doing that.