[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import arch problem

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 14:42:27 UTC 2007

Hennessey Daniel wrote:
> using cobbler to import an existing x86-64 distro tree but when I do a
> "cobbler distro report" it says the distro's arch is x86.
>
> I can use "cobbler distro add" and explicitly state the arch but this
> leaves the distro tree in place and I was hoping to import all my
> kickstart trees to be managed by cobbler.
>
> Any clues?

This shouldn't happen, but it won't cause any adverse results... what
distro source were you using for the import?  (i.e. RHEL 4 DVD?  rsync
mirror?).   If you can
give me further info I'll take a look at see what's wrong with the
auto-detection.

Cobbler uses the arch field to decide when to set up for different
bootloaders, such as "ia64" implying elilo.   It doesn't pay attention
to the difference between
x86 and x86_64 as it uses syslinux either way.

If you want to fix it, you can run:

cobbler distro edit --name=foo --arch=x86_64

--Michael