[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import arch problem

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 18:31:26 UTC 2007

Hennessey Daniel wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I was importing from an existing local tree (copied from the CD set)
> using;
>
> cobbler import --name=RHEL44-x86-64
> --mirror=/var/www/html/pub/yum/4AS/x86-64/up4
>
> Where "/var/www/html/pub/yum/4AS/x86-64/up4" is the root directory of
> the installation tree.

Looks like you didn't need to take as many steps.

cobbler import --name=RHEL4u4 --mirror=/mnt/cdrom
or ...
losetup /dev/loop0 /path/to/rhel4u4.iso
mount /dev/loop0 /tmp/loop0
cobbler import --name=RHEL4u4 /tmp/loop0
umount /dev/loop0
losetup -d /dev/loop0

Cobbler will add in the arch information to the name of the distro
object automatically, so leaving off the x86_64 is ok.

If you've copied it yourself, cobbler probably can't automagically
figure out the directory structure.