[et-mgmt-tools] new cobbler/koan Wiki and Tracker

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 17:27:11 UTC 2007

There's been a lot of interest in having a Wiki people can submit
examples to, regarding things like cobbler setup, kickstart-templating,
interesting use cases, and other HOW TO kinds of articles.   I'm really
quite interested myself in how people are using things and think this
could be a really nice resource.

So, that being said, we now have (drumroll?) ...
    http://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/
    http://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/koan/

In addition to the main page of static content:
    http://cobbler.et.redhat.com

On hosted.fedoraproject.org we now have
    -- a place for folks to add their own content and read content
submitted by other cobbler users
    -- a bug/RFE tracker, not tied to any particular distro/release
    -- externally hosted git repos

So, about the source control repos -- the new locations for pulling code
from are:
    git clone git://et.redhat.com/cobbler
    git clone git://et.redhat.com/koan

The old git URLs are currently active, though will probably go away in
the near future.    If anyone has problems accessing these, let us know.
While the above URLs do say "fedoraproject", we obviously are continuing
Enterprise distro support just as before.

Fedora Accounts are required to post to the Wiki and Tracker ... though
they are easy enough to get -- and should hopefully becoming simpler to
create
in the near future.   See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/ for
more information.

--Michael DeHaan