[et-mgmt-tools] cfengine chicken and egg problem

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 18:19:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 12:15 -0600, drew einhorn wrote:
> Hmm.  I've waited a long time and I'm beginning to get worried
> that the post install script may have run amok.  Are there good
> techniques for debugging post install scripts?

If you switch to tvirtual terminal 2 (Ctrl-Alt-2) on the machine you're
installing you get a shell, vt 3 has log output; if there's a specific
point in the post script you are worried about, put a 'sleep 10000' or a
'/bin/bash' before it - in teh latter case, vt3 will give you a prompt,
too, and continue installing once you exit that shell.

> Putting cobbler and cfengine together, I have a bit of
> a which comes first problem.
>
> Ideally cfengine should take care of the configs
> in yum.repos.d

You can specify additional repos in the kickstart file; for puppet, I
described that in my blog in detail[1] - cfengine should be very
similar.

David

[1]
http://watzmann.net/blog/index.php/2006/12/05/kickstarting_into_puppet