[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler, Cheetah and scripts in KS files

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 14:41:26 UTC 2007

Aaron Lippold wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having issues with cobbler and importing a ks file of mine. All
> is well with the simple parts of the %post section, but when I get to
> a bit of scripting, the Cheetah parser complains at '" \/home "
> ${FSTAB} ' etc.
>
> How can I escape this section or something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron

Dollar signs need to be escaped with \$ since Cheetah is viewing the
shell invocations as Cheetah code.

This is not true of something like $foosball, where it will just say as
"$foosball" if there is no key, but for something like ${foosball}, then
yes, it must be escaped.

Unfortunate, I agree.     If anyone has any suggestions on better
templating libraries that don't require something heinous like Kid's
XML, I'm all ears.   Templating systems
all appear to have their ups and downs, which is apparently why everyone
seems to write their own.    That's an option too, but I'm trying to not
go there :)