[et-mgmt-tools] cdrom connect change

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 21:56:08 UTC 2007

I have just committed a change to python-virtinst that keeps the cdrom
in the permanent XML for a guest after you install it. This solves the
numerous "Why can't I get to the cdrom when windows asks for it for the
3rd time" issues that we have been working around.

We have held off doing this up to now because it was not all that easy
to get a guest to give up the cdrom once you had given it to the guest.
Now, however, you can easily add and remove disks and network interface
cards from virt-manager; you can do the same using virsh attach-device
and remove-device commands. So it seems silly not to let a guest have
the cdrom drive as long as it needs it and let the operator disconnect
it once it is no longer needed.

Enjoy,
--Hugh

--