[et-mgmt-tools] SVN / CVS intagration w/ profiles

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 16:00:18 UTC 2007

Aaron Lippold wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else would find it nice to have the ability
> to link a profile's ks with a file in SVN or CVS.
>
> i.e. say that Box1-testing profile could be linked to the 'current'
> revision of a ks in RCS and webserver could be linked to a 'taged'
> version of a file. etc.
Given these are accessed with seperate filesystem paths in SVN (due to
the fact that SVN tags aren't implemented in a sane way), can't you
already do this without needing
specific functionality in cobbler?

cobbler profile add --name=xyz-testing ...
--kickstart=path/to/checkout/tags/testing/.../foo.ks
cobbler profile add --name=xyz ... --kickstart=
/path/to/checkout/tags/stable/../foo.ks

As I've been using Distributed VCS's for the last year and a half
nearly-exclusively I probably butchered the syntax, but that seems to be
what you're getting at, right?