[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager on FC6

Rob van Oostveen rob at vanoostveen.net
Wed Jun 27 16:23:21 UTC 2007

Dan,

> BTW if you want a Xen 3.1.0  RPM, you can take the xen-3.1.0-1.fc7.src.rpm
> and on your FC6 host just rebuild it by running
>
>    rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'dist .fc6' xen-3.1.0-1.fc7.src.rpm

The rpm is not on the dvd. I will try to find it. On other thing, do I need
depency packages as well? Or does this xen src package include all I need?

> And a short while later you'll have a nice binary RPM of Xen 3.1.0 capable
> of being installed on FC6 -  assuming you've got the kernel & HV parts there
> already.

I will have a go. I'll report back in a while.

> Doh, stupid readme. It is basically the standard python install procedure,
> so run:
>
>    python setup.py install

That worked indeed, thank you. So finally virt-manager started. But the
virt-manager complains about unable to connect to xen. It says:

"Unable to open a connection to the Xen hypervisor/daemon". Both the Xen host
is booted and the Xen service (xend) is started.
I have the feeling when I fix this, I'm ok with this setup.

Regards,
Rob