[et-mgmt-tools] Unable to open connection

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 17:32:38 UTC 2007

Rob van Oostveen wrote:
> Perry,
>
>> Are you booted into a Xen kernel?  (run uname -a and see if xen is in the
> kernel name)
>
> Yes. Build from source. When I commit a 'xm list' it displays the domain-0.
>
>> Is xend running?
>
> Yes.

Hi Rob. What version of libvirt are you using? Did you build it from
source or install an RPM? virt-manager requires libvirt to talk to xen,
and if you don't build libvirt with xen-devel installed on your machine
as well, it will not build in xen support (which means virt-manager
won't talk to the xen hypervisor even if it is present and running).

Let me know,
--Hugh

--
Red Hat Virtualization Group http://redhat.com/virtualization