[et-mgmt-tools] Unable to open connection

Rob van Oostveen rob at vanoostveen.net
Wed Jun 27 20:29:35 UTC 2007

Hugh,

> Hi Rob. What version of libvirt are you using?

The latest: libvirt-0.2.3.tar.gz

> Did you build it from source or install an RPM?

>From source.

> virt-manager requires libvirt to talk to xen,
> and if you don't build libvirt with xen-devel installed on your machine
> as well, it will not build in xen support (which means virt-manager
> won't talk to the xen hypervisor even if it is present and running).

I suspect this is the key to my solution. I'm certain I don't have the xen-
devel installed on my machine. This explains also why the 'make check' fails
as well, I cant remember what the message was exactly, but it had something
to do with 'no support'.. I will let you know.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Rob