[et-mgmt-tools] Unable to open connection

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 19:26:11 UTC 2007

Rob van Oostveen wrote:
> Hugh,
>
>> 1. does "virsh list -c test:///default" return normally?
>
> It complains about the -c param:
> error: unexpected data '-c'

Try:

   virsh -c test:///default list

I suspect that the ordering of the parameters is important.  For me,
this gives:

$ virsh -c test:///default list
libvir: Remote error : Connection refused
libvir: warning : Failed to find the network: Is the daemon running ?
  Id Name                 State
   1 test                 running

(The "Remote error" is because I'm running a very recent libvirt without
running the libvirtd daemon, but is otherwise harmless).

Rich.