[et-mgmt-tools] More Cobbler, Koan and Xen questions

Foreman, Tim tforeman at ibsys.com
Tue Mar 6 16:00:55 UTC 2007

I'm still trying to kickstart a Xen guest using Cobbler and Koan
and I'm making progress, but it's still not working right.

I have a distro, I have a profile and I have a system. The problem
is that it appears to be ignoring my kickstart file and goes into
an interactive install. I see in the webserver logs on the Cobbler
box that it's requesting, and getting, the kickstart file, but it
appears to not be using it.

My question is this: The cobbler man page states that I should use
the MAC address for the system name when kickstarting a virtual
server, but the MAC address is randomly generated when I run Koan
to do a virtual install.

How is this supposed to work?
Timothy W. Foreman ~ Security Administrator ~ tforeman at ibsys.com
(651) 365-4181     ~ Internet Broadcasting  ~ www.ibsys.com
--
The Onion: Have you decided what you want to be when you grow up?
Berkeley Breathed: Dad. The rest is frosting.