[et-mgmt-tools] More Cobbler, Koan and Xen questions

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 21:34:07 UTC 2007

> Is anyone sucessfully using Koan and Cobbler to kickstart Xen
> guests?

I haven't tried RHEL4U5 myself ... John Sanabria was using koan for virt
a while back.  I'm not sure what platform.

It might be interesting to see what you get for "virsh list" and "virt
dumpxml N" where N is 0 up to the number of virtual machines you have
installed.  (You may have to install virsh).   Also I would be
interested in seeing the tree of /var/lib/koan.    It's hard to tell
from the above description, but it could be that you have a lot of
paused/crashed domains that are causing problems for whatever reason.
I certaintly don't have any reason as to why some machines would go
interactive when others don't, especially during install -- I wouldn't
think ram consumption would play a role there.

I'm about to put some heavy testing on koan's virt management support
for something I'm working on at the moment, so hopefully I can provide
some more insight there as well.   My apologies on not being more
helpful with remote debugging!