[et-mgmt-tools] some cobbler questions

Frédéric Descamps fred at x-tend.be
Tue Mar 13 22:27:15 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to make an installation of a domU but
instead of using an xvda, use and lvm logical volume from the dom0 ?

I really like to be able to create on my dom0 all the lvm that will be
partitions for any of my domU.

So for example I'll have on /dev/mapper
VolGroup00-LogVolHome
VolGroup00-LogVolVar
VolGroup00-LogVolLib
VolGroup00-LogVolUsr
VolGroup00-LogVolSwap  (all these for my dom0)
VolGroup00-centos.root
VolGroup00-centos.var (those for my centos domU)

any idea how I could do that with cobbler ? (and if it's possible of
course)

so use something like 'phy:VolGroup00/centos.root,sda1,w' for my xen
domU config

thx,

fred.

believed to be clean.