[et-mgmt-tools] Default Cobbler kickstart_fc6.ks and kernel command line options length

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Fri Mar 23 13:35:06 UTC 2007

Hello list!

I just set up cobbler, and it seems to work fine with ks.cfg from manually installed
system.

Then I tried to use the default cobbler fc6 ks.cfg (/etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks)
but I'm a bit confused about some things..

# Use network installation
url --url=$tree

# If any cobbler repo definitions were referenced in the kickstart profile, include them here.
$yum_repo_stanza

Those two.. FC6 installation fails and gives errors about those.

What did I do wrong? I should have specified some parameters when adding the
profile.. ?

Then there's another problem.. if I want to give
"dd=http://some.server.tld/dd.iso" and "updates=http://some.server.tld/updates.img"
as a parameters for the installer, the kernel command line will get too
long, and the parameters get cut and then obviously don't work anymore..
Anything I can do about this?

Thanks!

-- Pasi