[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler and Koan moving to git

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 21:18:49 UTC 2007

After having some weird mercurial merge issues while working on
virt-factory, I've decided to move cobbler and koan to git also.
git is a version control system a lot like Mercurial, and has a
mercurial like frontend called "cogito" (cg).

You can see the shiny web interface at:
    http://git.et.redhat.com

You can install git as follows:
    yum install git cogito

To get a checkout of the cobbler and koan sources:
    cg clone git://et.redhat.com/git/cobbler
    cg clone git://et.redhat.com/git/koan

To get updates as they occur:
    cd $projectdir
    cg update

If anyone has any problems with the repository, let us know.   I'll
update the http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/ webpage shortly to point to the
new repository.   The mercurial repos for cobbler & koan will probably
be decommissioned soon also, to reduce confusion.

Thanks to Jim Meyering for a lot of help in setting this server up and
getting stuff moved over.

--Michael DeHaan