[et-mgmt-tools] Want to install EL5 via xen.

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 17:26:27 UTC 2007

Deependra Shekhawat wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response. I am moving forward with my learning.
The response below is of course absolutely correct.

One thing to point out -- Since you are running DHCP on the cobbler
server, this would be an excellent time to try out cobbler's dhcp
management.

Just edit /var/lib/cobbler/settings to change manage_dhcp to '1', then
edit /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template to include the correct dhcp setup
information -- just replace any IP addresses that are wrong and leave
all the "$" fields as is, as cobbler will template those out for you.
Then run "cobbler sync".    Cobbler will now be managing your dhcp
configurations, so whenever you add a system in cobbler, you can also
specify the IP address it will get (optionally) and  you won't have to
hand edit your dhcpd.conf file again.