[et-mgmt-tools] Kernel panic while booting rhel4 via pxe

niyaz chistee prime.provogue at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 10:15:55 UTC 2007

Hello guys,

Once again. After successfully installing a virtual xen machine via cobbler
+ koan I moved a step forward in installing a new physical machine via
cobbler + koan.
I have installed cobbler and koan on EL4. All is set well. Now when I boot
the client it gets ip address from the server and show my profile (rhel4x)
in the pxe boot menu. Now when I write this:
boot: rhel4x
and boot the system after doing some initialization it fails and shows this:

VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(104,3)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(104,3)

Well. I was really not expecting this as everything was fine. But it came.
What should I do?
Please list members do reply to my email this time.

Regards
SysAdmin